Sunday, February 24, 2013

Now for the fun stuff

Early tomorrow morning I fly to the Honduran capital, Tegucigalpa, from where I will depart on the first LALA buying trip.   I feel very excited and (more than) a little bit nervous.  I am thinking with anticipation about the fabulous places I love so much to visit and the beautiful things I will see there.  I am worried about what could possibly go wrong, particularly my first attempts at managing Central American shipping logistics and customs.  It helps that I know well the route – I am returning to familiar places and in some will even have friends to meet me.  I feel well prepared by the product knowledge I have collected on my earlier “research” trips but suddenly feel sure I should be carrying a more detailed, less intuitive plan for what I will buy and how much.  I will try not to let these anxious thoughts dominate my experience.  I will trust my gut and learn as I go – taking a lesson from each of my (no doubt plentiful) mistakes.

Except for the flight from Roatan to Tegucigalpa (or Teguz as “we” locals call it ;-) I will be travelling by bus.  My itinerary will take me from the Caribbean Sea to mountain plateaus above 7,000 feet, crossing both jungle and desert in between.  I estimate it will take 10-14 days but I'm not ruling out unscheduled deteurs if something interesting comes up!   It’s going to be an amazing trip.  I promise to post pictures and stories along the way.  Next stop Teguz.  Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment